Explore Scientific Field Flattener f/5 to f/7
The explore scientific field flattener provides correction to Explore Scientific refractors F/5 to F/7 for a flat field and sharp, pinpoint stars in your images.
On the telescope side, the flattener is a push fit 2" that is threaded to accept all standard 2" filters, such as light pollution narrowband filters.
This fully multi-coated flattener has a clear aperture of 38mm.
The image circle at the standard 55mm backfocus distance is 42mm, ensuring full frame sensors are 98% illuminated.
Compatible with the following Explore Scientific Telescopes:
- ED80 (essential & FCD100)
- ED102 (essential & FCD100)
- ED127 (essential & FCD100)
- This is a field flattener for refractor-type telescopes with a focal ratio of f/5 to f/7
- Causes no change to the telescope focal length
- 2-inch barrel to easily attach to a two-inch focuser
- Fully multi-coated optics
- T-ring thread on the device so a T-ring can be used to easily attach a DSLR camera or a dedicated astrocamera
- 38 mm of clear aperture
- Requires 55mm (+/-2) of back focus/spacing between the device and the camera sensor
- Premium high glossy anodizing finish