HEM27 harmonic drive mount with iPolar + Case
IN STOCK NOW.
Freedom from cumbersome counterweights and shafts is here !
Introducing the HEM27 and the HEM27EC, iOptron's new revolutionary hybrid harmonic drive mounts. These light weight, high payload tiny titans will deliver an astronomy experience like never before. Imagine a mount head weighing in at 8.15lbs with a payload capability 29.74lbs, without needing a cumbersome counterweight or shaft. Applying iOptron's multi- decade experience creating precision mounts, the HEM27 brings this vision to reality.
Utilising state of the art harmonic drive technology for the RA movement in tandem with a light weight conventional DEC worm drive, the HEM27s deliver unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it's a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount to safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
The HEM27EC features a high precision A axis encoder that delivers incredible tracking accuracy, enough that many will choose to image "sans" guiding.
Note: The HEM27 does not include a tripod.
Add the iOptron Carbon Fibre tripod here
• Advanced harmonic drive technology
• Mount weight only 3.7kg (8.15lbs), payload capacity 13.5kg (29.74lbs)
• G02Nova® hand controller with ~212,000 object database
• CNC all metal machined body
• Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
• 360 second gear period
• Cable mangement system, no hanging exterior cables to moving parts
• Dual saddle (vixen and losmandy styles)
• Built in zero position search and locator
• Permanent periodic error correction (PEC) standard model
• Real Time periodic error correction (RPEC) EC model
• 2 year warranty