OEM Meade Series 4000 F6.3 Focal Reducer / Corrector Field Flattener telescope
This F6.3 Focal Reducer / Corrector design is a four-element, fully multicoated focal reducer and field flattener. It effectively reduces the focal length of an F10 telescope to F6.3.
Improves edge-of-field correction and reduces exposure times by close to 50% when imaging, also delivering a much wider field of view for both imaging and visual applications.
The astute astronomer will recognise the famous Meade Series 4000 accessory (also identical to the Celestron item #94175 reducer), only this is not branded: the Meade logo is not printed on the accessory, but this is where the differences end.
It has an SC-thread (Schmidt-Cassegrain thread) at both ends (female and male threads), so can be screwed directly into the back cell of a Schmidt-Cassegrain or similar telescope.
It works with most Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes from Meade and Celestron, with Ritchey-Chretien telescopes from Meade and Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes from SkyWatcher and Intes Micro.
This is NOT suited for refractors or telescopes with a built-in corrector.
- Fully Multi-Coated Four-Element Optics
- High quality metal housing
- Rubber coating on the reducer's housing
- Compatible with standard SCT threads
Compatible with most:
- Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes
- SkyWatcher Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes
- Intes-Micro Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes
- Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes
- Meade Ritchey-Chretien telescopes
NEVER LOOK OR AIM AT THE SUN!